The RCGP launched the new Patient Charter on 1 June 2011, as part of its UK-wide End-of-Life Care Strategy adopted in 2009.
Watch key RCGP members present the new project, explain what makes a 'good' death, and how patient experience can be improved in end-of-life care.
Discussing end-of-life care in the video are:
- Professor Keri Thomas, RCGP clinical champion on end-of-life care.
- Antony Chuter, chairman of the RCGP Patient Partnership Group.
- Professor David Haslam, former president and chairman of the RCGP.
- Dr Iona Heath, RCGP president.
- Professor Nigel Sparrow RCGP chairman of the Professional Development Board.
- Dr Matthew Hoghton, RCGP clinical champion for learning disability.