Mr Dusmet grew up in southern California then in Switzerland where he trained first as a general surgeon. After a two year fellowship in Toronto, Canada, Mr Dusmet became a thoracic surgeon. He has been consultant thoracic surgeon at London's Royal Brompton Hospital since 2002. His interests include the surgical management of lung cancer.
Here he discusses:
- Changes to the TNM staging system
- Defining resectability
- The use and limitations of imaging
- Interpreting lung-function tests
- Pre-operative chemotherapy
- Voulume reduction surgery