Dr Popat is a clinical senior lecturer at the National Heart and Lung Institute and honorary consultant thoracic medical oncologist at The Royal Marsden. He qualified in 1994 and completed medical oncology training at The Royal Marsden. Dr Popat has published in the fields of genetics, therapeutic biomarkers and medical oncology.
Here he discusses:
- Developments in the management of advanced non small-cell lung cancer
- The latest therapeutic advances and managing their side-effects
- The gene mutation that predisposes patients to respond well to therapy
- Use and limitations of the monoclonal antibody bevacizumab
- Treatment of small-cell lung cancer