GPs at the UK LMCs conference will be debating a range of motions on issues affecting general practice, including whether there is a role for SAS doctors in general practice, capping salaried GP workload, and cancelling trainees' student debt.
Read all the news from the event below.
- GPs should be rebranded as 'consultants in family medicine', say LMCs
- LMCs reject plans for SAS role in general practice
- Incentivise GP training with debt cancellation tied to fixed term of service, say LMCs
- LMCs back strengthened salaried GP contract but reject cap on patient contacts
- GP practices need urgent support with rising costs, LMCs warn
- 1 in 5 people in England would be without a GP if practices stuck to 'safe limit'
- LMCs to debate salaried GP workload cap and debt cancellation for trainees
- GPs call for contract change so they can charge patients for private services
- LMCs back industrial action to push for full GP pay restoration
- GMC must consider pressure on GPs when investigating complaints, LMCs say