Watching TV is a more potent analgesic than active distraction for children during venipuncture, Italian research has shown. For the study, 69 children aged 7–12 undergoing venipuncture were assigned to TV watching, distraction by mother or a control group. Questionnaires indicated that procedures were less painful if performed while watching TV (Arch Dis Child 2006; 91: 1,015–7).
- Salaried GP Fleet Medical Centre Fleet, Hampshire
- General Practitioners East Shore Partnership Portsmouth, Hampshire
- Salaried GP or GP Partnership vacancy Milnthorpe, Cumbria Stoneleigh Surgery Milnthorpe, Cumbria
- Full Time or Part Time Salaried GP or Partnership Failsworth Group Practice Greater Manchester
- GP Manor Court Surgery Manor Court Surgery