Gingival enlargement, in which gums swell and grow over the teeth, could be a sign of anabolic steroid abuse, according to Turkish researchers. The study of 44 athletes between the ages of 17 and 29 found that those who used anabolic androgenic steroids for more than one year had significantly more swollen gums than bodybuilders who had never used the drugs. They warned that this could lead to raised risk of cardiovascular and respiratory disease (Journal of Periodontology.
- GP Partnership vacancy Milnthorpe, Cumbria Stoneleigh Surgery Milnthorpe, Cumbria
- Full Time or Part Time Salaried GP or Partnership Failsworth Group Practice Greater Manchester
- GP (Salaried or Salaried with view to Partnership) Grove Surgery Thetford Thetford (commutable from Cambridge, Norwich, Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket)
- Deputy Medical Director x2 SELDOC London - South East
- GP Manor Court Surgery Manor Court Surgery