Demand management is now a pressing issue for all practices and will be covered in a session from NHS England on measuring patient flows to improve access and reduce workload.
Advice on developing skill mix and recruiting the right staff is also crucial in the changing NHS, and several sessions will focus on this developing area.
A dedicated session on quality improvement for practices will provide guidance and practical techniques, and technology experts will demonstrate how to use risk profiling across practice populations to improve outcomes.
Alongside the Practice Development stream, the Energising Primary Care stream will include sessions on working with patients to co-produce new services and an in-depth look at joining forces to work in federations of practices.
The Practice Development stream
- Demand and capacity: How understanding patient flow can help improve access to services
- How Advanced Nurse Practitioners can enhance your practice team
- The use of risk profiling to personalise care around the needs of patients
- Making a difference: Using quality improvement methods to improve patient care
- Unpacking the Ps: Pharmacists, paramedics and physician assistants in practices