Outward bound adventure activities are better than aerobics or other exercise classes for helping overweight teenagers to lose weight. A US study included 76 overweight teenagers assigned to 16 weeks of cognitive behavioural group treatment plus either adventure therapy or aerobic exercise. The average weight loss was similar in the two groups, but the number maintaining that loss over 10 months was twice as high in the adventure group (International Journal of Obesity 2006; 30: 31-9).
- Speciality Doctor - 15-30 hours per week (Flexible hours) Douglas Macmillan Hospice Staffordshire
- Salaried General Practitioner North Leeds Medical Practice Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Salaried GP or SWVTP, Dudley Menlo Park Recruitment Dudley
- LOCUM GPs - SWINDON McGinley Healthcare Swindon, Wiltshire
- SALARIED GP - SOMERSET - 7 SESSIONS McGinley Healthcare Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset