Children who participated in a family-based weight-management programme had better outcomes for weight gain, body fat, BMI and insulin sensitivity compared with children who received traditional weight counselling in a clinic. The US study included 209 overweight children aged 8 to 16. Participants who received clinic counselling averaged a BMI increase of 1.6 compared to a 1.7 decrease in the family management group (JAMA 2007; 297: 2,697-704).
- Salaried General Practitioner North Leeds Medical Practice Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Salaried GP (with a view to Partnership), Worksop area Menlo Park Recruitment Worksop
- Salaried GP Vacancy: 4-8 Sessions per week (job-share considered) Leach Heath Medical Centre Rednal, Birmingham
- Locum GP - Surrey & Hampshire - Surgery Sessions & OOH's Shifts DRN Group Surrey, Camberley, Farnborough, Portsmouth, Southampton, Basingstoke, Winchester, Andover
- Salaried GP Dr Marshall & Partners Stockport, Greater Manchester