Children who participated in a family-based weight-management programme had better outcomes for weight gain, body fat, BMI and insulin sensitivity compared with children who received traditional weight counselling in a clinic. The US study included 209 overweight children aged 8 to 16. Participants who received clinic counselling averaged a BMI increase of 1.6 compared to a 1.7 decrease in the family management group (JAMA 2007; 297: 2,697-704).
- GP (full-time partner) Portcullis Surgery Ludlow, Shropshire
- General Practiioner Qured London (Greater)
- GUARANTEED WORK ON YOUR DOORSTEP The GP and Nurse Practitioner Agency Nationwide
- Register with us for ooh work and we will pay your yearly indemnity cover 7 days per week The GP and Nurse Practitioner Agency Nationwide
- Part Time GP Partnership Corbett Medical Practice Worcestershire