Supplementing post-menopausal women with vitamin D and calcium improves hip bone density, but does not reduce hip fracture, say US researchers. Their study assigned 36,282 postmenopausal women aged between 50 and 79 to receive either 1,000mg calcium carbonate with 400 IU vitamin D3 daily, or placebo. After seven years, hip bone density was 1.1 per cent higher in the supplement group but their risk of hip fracture was not reduced significantly (NEJM 2006; 354: 669-83).
- GP Partnership vacancy Milnthorpe, Cumbria Stoneleigh Surgery Milnthorpe, Cumbria
- Full Time or Part Time Salaried GP or Partnership Failsworth Group Practice Greater Manchester
- GP (Salaried or Salaried with view to Partnership) Grove Surgery Thetford Thetford (commutable from Cambridge, Norwich, Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket)
- Deputy Medical Director x2 SELDOC London - South East
- GP Manor Court Surgery Manor Court Surgery