Despite lowering resistance to respiratory infections, TNF blockers do not interfere with the efficacy of the pneumococcal vaccine. Swedish investigators vaccinated 149 patients with rheumatoid arthritis who were treated with TNF blockers, methotrexate (Maxtrex), or a combination of both treatments. The vaccine increased antibody levels significantly in all groups, although patients receiving TNF blockers without methotrexate had a better response than the other treatment groups (Rheumatology 2006; 45: 106-11).
- GP Partnership vacancy Milnthorpe, Cumbria Stoneleigh Surgery Milnthorpe, Cumbria
- Full Time or Part Time Salaried GP or Partnership Failsworth Group Practice Greater Manchester
- GP (Salaried or Salaried with view to Partnership) Grove Surgery Thetford Thetford (commutable from Cambridge, Norwich, Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket)
- Deputy Medical Director x2 SELDOC London - South East
- GP Manor Court Surgery Manor Court Surgery