Men and women with MS transmit the genetic risk of the disease to their children equally, according to UK research. Researchers studied 3,088 Canadian families with one parent affected with MS. Of the 8,401 children in those families, 798 had MS. The study found equal transmission of the genetic risk of MS to children with 9.41 per cent of fathers transmitting MS to their children compared with 9.76 per cent of mothers. The findings cast doubt on the widely accepted multiple gene mode of inheritance of susceptibility to MS (AAN Online 2007).
- GP Partnership vacancy Milnthorpe, Cumbria Stoneleigh Surgery Milnthorpe, Cumbria
- Full Time or Part Time Salaried GP or Partnership Failsworth Group Practice Greater Manchester
- GP (Salaried or Salaried with view to Partnership) Grove Surgery Thetford Thetford (commutable from Cambridge, Norwich, Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket)
- Deputy Medical Director x2 SELDOC London - South East
- GP Manor Court Surgery Manor Court Surgery