A good laugh can improve inflammatory cytokine levels in people with rheumatoid arthritis (RA), Japanese researchers have found. They took blood samples from 41 patients before and after listening to an hour-long 'Raguko', a traditional Japanese comic story. Those who had enjoyed the story had their cytokine levels measured. 'Mirthful laughter' was found to reduce serum levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines, and increase those of anti-inflammatory ones (Rheumatology, 2006; 45: 182-6).
- GP Partnership vacancy Milnthorpe, Cumbria Stoneleigh Surgery Milnthorpe, Cumbria
- Full Time or Part Time Salaried GP or Partnership Failsworth Group Practice Greater Manchester
- GP (Salaried or Salaried with view to Partnership) Grove Surgery Thetford Thetford (commutable from Cambridge, Norwich, Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket)
- Deputy Medical Director x2 SELDOC London - South East
- GP Manor Court Surgery Manor Court Surgery