Injecting a gene directly into the brain can substantially relieve the symptoms of Parkinson's disease, claim US researchers. For the study, 12 Parkinson's sufferers were treated with different doses of the gene, which was injected into the sub-thalamic nucleus, an area of the brain highly overactive in Parkinson's suffers. Tremors and rigidity were reduced by up to 65 per cent without any side-effects. A larger trial is to be expected later this year (Lancet Online 2007).
- Why not start 2018 by joining Qured? Qured London (Greater)
- GUARANTEED WORK ON YOUR DOORSTEP The GP and Nurse Practitioner Agency Nationwide
- REGISTER FOR OOH WORK NATIONWIDE AND WE WILL PAY UP TO £30K FOR INSURANCE The GP and Nurse Practitioner Agency Nationwide
- Locum GP OOH in Hampshire - FREE APPLE WATCH Meddoc Locums Hampshire
- Part Time GP Partnership Corbett Medical Practice Worcestershire