Taking the herbal remedy echinacea can more than halve the risk of catching a cold, according to US research. The researchers combined the results of 14 different studies on echinacea's anti-cold properties. Using echinacea alone was found to reduce the incidence of cold by 65 per cent, while combination with vitamin C it reduced cold incidence by 86 per cent. Even when patients were directly inoculated with rhinovirus, echinacea still reduced the cold incidence by 35 per cent (Lancet Infectious Diseases Online 2007).
- Salaried General Practitioner North Leeds Medical Practice Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Salaried GP (with a view to Partnership), Worksop area Menlo Park Recruitment Worksop
- Salaried GP Vacancy: 4-8 Sessions per week (job-share considered) Leach Heath Medical Centre Rednal, Birmingham
- Locum GP - Surrey & Hampshire - Surgery Sessions & OOH's Shifts DRN Group Surrey, Camberley, Farnborough, Portsmouth, Southampton, Basingstoke, Winchester, Andover
- Salaried GP Dr Marshall & Partners Stockport, Greater Manchester