The BP drug losartan (Cozaar) could help treat muscular dystrophy, according to US research. Mice engineered to develop Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) were treated for nine months with losartan. The muscles of treated DMD mice, untreated DMD mice and normal mice were connected to force meters that measured contraction after an electrical stimulus. This showed the untreated DMD muscles were weak in contractility, but the muscle contractility strength in losartan-treated DMD mice was indistinguishable from that of normal mice (Nature Medicine Online 2007).
- GP - South Milton Keynes Parkside Medical Centre Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Salaried GP Vacancy: 4-8 Sessions per week (job-share considered) Leach Heath Medical Centre Rednal, Birmingham
- GUARANTEED GP LOCUM WORK ON YOUR DOORSTEP The GP and Nurse Practitioner Agency Nationwide
- OOH GP LOCUM WORK IN YORKSHIRE, MIDLANDS, LONDON, WILTSHIRE, PLYMOUTH, EXETER & SOMERSET The GP and Nurse Practitioner Agency Nationwide
- Salaried GP or SWVTP, Dudley Menlo Park Recruitment Dudley