The antioxidant supplements beta-carotene, vitamin A and vitamin E may increase the risk of death, suggests Danish research. It examined the effects of antioxidant supplements on all cause of death of 232,606 participants. The use of beta-carotene, vitamin A and vitamin E was associated with 7, 16 and 4 per cent increased risk of mortality, respectively (JAMA 2007; 297: 842-57).
- GUARANTEED GP LOCUM WORK ON YOUR DOORSTEP The GP and Nurse Practitioner Agency Nationwide
- OOH GP LOCUM WORK IN YORKSHIRE, MIDLANDS, LONDON, WILTSHIRE, PLYMOUTH, EXETER & SOMERSET The GP and Nurse Practitioner Agency Nationwide
- Salaried GP or SWVTP, Dudley Menlo Park Recruitment Dudley
- LOCUM GPs - SWINDON McGinley Healthcare Swindon, Wiltshire
- Salaried GP (with a view), Torquay Menlo Park Recruitment Torquay