High doses of SSRIs might protect against colorectal cancer, a Canadian study suggests. The study analysed 6,544 cases of colorectal cancer between 1981 and 2000 for tricyclic antidepressant use, and 3,367 cases between 1991 and 2000 for SSRI use. High daily dosage of SSRIs (greater than 6mu mol/day) for up to five years before diagnosis was associated with a 30 per cent reduction in colorectal cancer incidence (www.thelancet.com/journals/lanonc).
- Speciality Doctor - 15-30 hours per week (Flexible hours) Douglas Macmillan Hospice Staffordshire
- GUARANTEED GP LOCUM WORK ON YOUR DOORSTEP The GP and Nurse Practitioner Agency Nationwide
- OOH GP LOCUM WORK IN YORKSHIRE, MIDLANDS, LONDON, WILTSHIRE, PLYMOUTH, EXETER & SOMERSET The GP and Nurse Practitioner Agency Nationwide
- Salaried GP or SWVTP, Dudley Menlo Park Recruitment Dudley
- LOCUM GPs - SWINDON McGinley Healthcare Swindon, Wiltshire