Six patients received the anti-clotting agent tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) within 24 hours of severe frostbite injury. They were then compared with 25 frostbite patients who did not receive tPA. Only 10 per cent of those who received tPA had fingers or toes amputated, compared with 41 per cent of patients who did not receive tPA. No proximal amputations were required in the patients who received tPA within 24 hours (Arch Surg 2007;142:546-53).
- Salaried General Practitioner North Leeds Medical Practice Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Salaried GP (with a view to Partnership), Worksop area Menlo Park Recruitment Worksop
- Salaried GP Vacancy: 4-8 Sessions per week (job-share considered) Leach Heath Medical Centre Rednal, Birmingham
- Locum GP - Surrey & Hampshire - Surgery Sessions & OOH's Shifts DRN Group Surrey, Camberley, Farnborough, Portsmouth, Southampton, Basingstoke, Winchester, Andover
- Salaried GP Dr Marshall & Partners Stockport, Greater Manchester