Some ACE inhibitors used to treat hypertension may help to reduce the risk of dementia, US research suggests. The research, presented at the annual meeting of the American Geriatrics Society in Seattle last week, found a link between taking centrally active ACE inhibitors and lower rates of mental decline. For each year that participants took centrally active ACE inhibitors, the decline in test results was 50 per cent lower than the decline in people taking other kinds of high BP drugs.
- GUARANTEED GP LOCUM WORK ON YOUR DOORSTEP The GP and Nurse Practitioner Agency Nationwide
- OOH GP LOCUM WORK IN YORKSHIRE, MIDLANDS, LONDON, WILTSHIRE, PLYMOUTH, EXETER & SOMERSET The GP and Nurse Practitioner Agency Nationwide
- Salaried GP or SWVTP, Dudley Menlo Park Recruitment Dudley
- LOCUM GPs - SWINDON McGinley Healthcare Swindon, Wiltshire
- Salaried GP (with a view), Torquay Menlo Park Recruitment Torquay