The 26 PCTs in London without debts will see 1.3% of their budgets go towards paying off the deficits of 10 hospital trusts and Hillingdon PCT.
A further £304m will be top-sliced from NHS London’s budget to pay off the debts. NHS London predicts London trusts will have accumulated a deficit of £579m by 2011 if no action is taken.
NHS London said the move would ensure all trusts were on an ‘even keel’ and could start implementing Lord Ara Darzi’s ‘Healthcare for London’ proposals together.
- Primary care investment is needed
- GPs fear hospital deficits are threat to PBC plans
- Health authority budgets 'raided' to pay off deficits
- PCT boosted by key appointments
- Primary Care Trust ploughs thousands of pounds into improving health in deprived areas
Comment below and tell us what you think