- Isobel Chetwood, Park Green Surgery, Macclefield (north England region),
- Philippa White, Upton Surgery, Upton-upon-Severn (Midlands),
- Wendy Collett, Colchester practice-based commissioning group, Tiptree (south east),
- Lynne Lloyd, Cwmllynfell Surgery, Cwmllynfell, Swansea (Wales and south west),
- Linda Bradley, Pepys Road Surgery, Raynes Park, London (Greater London).
Mike Ramsden, chief executive officer of the National Association of Primary Care, which co-sponsors the award, said: ‘We are thrilled with the quality of nominations received this year. It is indeed inspirational to see so many unsung heroes and heroines playing their role in ensuring we continue to deliver world class general practice in the UK.'
The winner will be announced 17 November.