This week Emma and NIck look at what we know about what the BMA in England might be looking to achieve in contract negotiations, how the current deal that’s on the table for consultants could affect talks, and whether continuity should be a contractual requirement.
They also discuss Labour’s plan for neighbourhood health centres and what the party might want them to achieve.
Our good news story this week is about a British GP's success Down Under.
This episode was presented by GPonline editor Emma Bower and deputy editor Nick Bostock. It was produced by Czarina Deen.
- What questions is the BMA asking GPs to shape its vision for general practice?
- Next GP contract 'must signal hope', GP committee chair warns
- Government must match consultants' pay offer in new contract for GPs
- New contract that enforces continuity would make GPs and patients safer, says watchdog
- Labour plans neighbourhood walk-in GP centres open seven days a week
- GP conquers 'Everest of competitive mullet growing'