In our news review Nick and Emma discuss GP pay and what’s behind recent headlines in the national press about so-called huge rises in GP income.
They also look at how the growing NHS waiting list and long waits for treatment are affecting patients and driving up workload in general practice, and discuss results from our recent survey which suggest that practices are becoming increasingly reliant on locum GPs.
This week’s good news story is about a significant reduction in people prescribed potentially addictive medicines.
This episode was presented by GPonline editor Emma Bower and deputy editor Nick Bostock. It was produced by Czarina Deen.
- How has GP income changed over the past two decades?
- CQC poll shows NHS waiting list driving unsustainable pressure on GPs
- One in three GP appointments for patients on the NHS waiting list
- GP practices growing more reliant on locums but many struggle to hire them
- Where is GP prescribing of dependency-forming drugs falling fastest?