This week the team talks about GP contract negotiations in England for next year and asks whether the contract for 2023/24 could be imposed.
They discuss a rise in partnership and PCN disputes and what might be behind this trend as well as the latest on this month’s junior doctor strikes.
They also look at the government’s record on the NHS, including how it’s handling the care backlog and discuss GP workforce statistics after they passed a pretty grim milestone last month.
Our good news story this week is about a local patient campaign that’s forced an integrated care board to U-turn on its plans for a large provider to take over a small practice in Lancashire.
- GP contract could overhaul funding frameworks worth £2.5bn a year
- NHS 'in full-blown crisis' as recovery plan falls short, MPs warn
- 'Grim milestone' passed in steady decline of GP workforce
- Why GP trainees will join junior doctor strikes in their thousands
- Victory for campaign to save local GP after ICB U-turn on practice takeover