The guideline is based on evidence for best practice in the management of patients with PAD of the lower limb and outlines recommendations for patients with intermittent claudication. The guidance does not, however, apply to patients without existing vascular disease or those who have critical limb ischaemia.
The 44-page document comprises:
- Cardiovascular risk reduction
- Referral, diagnosis and investigations
- Treatment of symptoms
- Information for discussion with patients and carers
- Development of the guideline
- Implementation, audit and resource implications