Members of the public are being invited by a new NHS organisation in North East Essex to help it develop its vision for local health services.
North East Essex PCT is organising a workshop to help it ensure that patients and the public are at the centre of the way it buys health services on their behalf.
The PCT, which was formed on 1 October after Colchester and Tendring PCTs joined together, will hold its "Developing our vision for local health services" workshop on Friday 3 November, from 10am to approximately 3pm, at the St Giles Centre, St John's Green, Colchester.
Dr Paul Zollinger Read, Chief Executive of North East Essex PCT, who also still works as a GP, said he wanted a wide range of groups to be represented at the workshop, including patients and the public.
"Having been in post a fortnight, I am very impressed with the numbers of varied patients, patient representatives and groups who worked with our previous organisations – Colchester and Tendring Primary Care Trusts," he said.
"The new PCT wants all groups to help us develop our vision for local health services which will be presented to the PCT board for adoption later in the year."
Among the groups that Dr Zollinger Read is inviting to the workshop are:
- the voluntary sector
- other NHS organisations such as the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust, Essex Rivers Healthcare NHS Trust, North Essex Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust, East of England Strategic Health Authority
- Essex County Council's Health Overview and Scrutiny Committee
- GPs and groups representing GPs
- people with a learning disability
- nursing and residential homes
- Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
- groups representing patients
- special interest groups
- North East Essex PCT staff
- town and parish councils
- trade unions
- universities and colleges of further education.
- 1 -
PCT appeals for public to help . . . 2
* Anyone wishing to attend the workshop should book a place by Friday 27 October at the latest. Please contact Sharon Sawyer at North East Essex PCT by phone on 01206 288563 or by email at email@example.com
- ends -
For further information:
Contact Mark Prentice or Patrick Lowman of Geronimo Communications on 01284 768935.
17 October 2006