GPs screening their colleagues’ referrals have cut medical admissions by one third and saved £840,000 in a year. A team of five GPs now working four days a week at Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, Devon, offer referring GPs a ‘peer case discussion’ to identify the best care for their patient. A 12-month review showed that the Acute GP Service avoided 336 out of 1,008 potential admissions. Full story, page 55.
- Speciality Doctor - 15-30 hours per week (Flexible hours) Douglas Macmillan Hospice Staffordshire
- Salaried General Practitioner North Leeds Medical Practice Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Salaried GP or SWVTP, Dudley Menlo Park Recruitment Dudley
- LOCUM GPs - SWINDON McGinley Healthcare Swindon, Wiltshire
- SALARIED GP - SOMERSET - 7 SESSIONS McGinley Healthcare Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset