Pharmaceutical firms Eisai and Pfizer, the co-promoters of the drug Aricept, have been granted permission by the High Court to proceed to a judicial review against NICE. They hope to challenge the process by which NICE reached its decision to disallow treatment of newly-diagnosed mild Alzheimer’s disease. The challenge is based on the grounds that NICE has refused to disclose its cost- effectiveness model for treatment of patients with Alzheimer’s disease, and that NICE has acted in an irrational and discriminatory fashion. No date has yet been set for the judicial review.
- Speciality Doctor - 15-30 hours per week (Flexible hours) Douglas Macmillan Hospice Staffordshire
- Salaried General Practitioner North Leeds Medical Practice Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Salaried GP or SWVTP, Dudley Menlo Park Recruitment Dudley
- LOCUM GPs - SWINDON McGinley Healthcare Swindon, Wiltshire
- SALARIED GP - SOMERSET - 7 SESSIONS McGinley Healthcare Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset