The fact pack tackles the background, diagnosis and treatment of asthma, and provides advice for patients.
It also includes a consultation card summarising the BTS/SIGN stepwise management of asthma, and tear-off sheets for patients to take home that answer the following questions:
- What is asthma?
- What causes asthma?
- What are the symptoms of asthma?
- How is asthma treated?
- Why do I need medication even when I am well?
- How can I assess my own asthma control?
- What should I do when I have symptoms?
- What should I do if I have an asthma attack?
- How can I help to reduce my symptoms?
Please note: All our medical education resources are produced in association with sponsors. Copies of these medical education projects are distributed by the sponsor(s) of the publication. By emailing Haymarket Medical Imprint with your request to receive a free educational resource, you agree that Haymarket Medical Media can pass on your details to the sponsor(s). Your details will be used by the sponsor for distribution of the project only. Haymarket can not guarantee you will be sent a copy of the resource as this decision remains with the sponsor(s).