This MIMS publication guides the reader through each question in an MUR and outlines the goals behind the process.
Questions to ask in an MUR are accompanied by notes and possible actions, and include:
- When do you take your medication?
- How do you take your medicine?
- Are your symptoms quickly relieved after you take your medicine and is this relief sufficient?
- Are you experiencing any side-effects from taking your medication?
- What other medications are you taking?
- Do you have any other medical problems and are you a smoker?
- Do you know about changes you can make that may help improve your condition?
Written by Lisa Lytle, senior associate editor, MIMS, and reviewed by Erica Evans of Asthma UK.
Please note: All our medical education resources are produced in association with sponsors. Copies of these medical education projects are distributed by the sponsor(s) of the publication. By emailing Haymarket Medical Imprint with your request to receive a free educational resource, you agree that Haymarket Medical Media can pass on your details to the sponsor(s). Your details will be used by the sponsor for distribution of the project only. Haymarket can not guarantee you will be sent a copy of the resource as this decision remains with the sponsor(s).