The new app acts as a rapid reference tool for information on signs and symptoms, investigations and diseases, in an accessible style that can be used by GPs, GP trainees, medical students and other clinicians.
Search for 'MIMS' in the app stores or click on the icons below
All entries are written and updated by Dr Raj Thakkar, a general practitioner in the UK who draws upon years of clinical practice and his expertise as a GP trainer.
MIMS Diagnosis and Management is an an easily accessible medical resource aimed at GPs, GPs in training, doctors in training, nurses, pharmacists and medical students. In print, this essential guide was winner of the British Medical Association (BMA) book award in the medicine category - Dr Raj Thakkar
Key features of MIMS Diagnosis and Management
- No internet connection required. The whole database is downloaded to your device.
- Predictive search across the whole app
- Bookmark entries
- Automatic updates to the content
Signs and symptoms
- A rapid reference guide to all the possible differential diagnoses for 423 presenting symptoms and signs.
- Accessible information on all the tests you might need to request, and guidance on interpreting their results.
- Details of 867 diseases including the clinical features, investigations and management of diseases, genetic conditions and syndromes seen in daily practice.
About the author - Dr Raj Thakkar, BSc (Hons) MBBS MRCGP MRCP(UK)
Dr Thakkar qualified from the University College London School of Medicine in 1999, after intercalating in neuroscience. He is a GP partner in Buckinghamshire and GP adviser to Haymarket Medical Media, publisher of MIMS in the UK. Dr Thakkar is also clinical commissioning director (planned care) of Chiltern clinical commissioning group, England.
For over 50 years MIMS has provided medical professionals with information on medicines including drug dosages, warnings, contraindications and adverse events.
MIMS has a team of specialist clinical editors, pharmacists and pharmacologists who maintain the content databases.
MIMS prescribing directory is available as an app
- Download MIMS prescribing directory from iTunes
- Download MIMS prescribing directory from Google Play