Chairman of the National Association of Sessional GPs Dr Richard Fieldhouse will outline the threats and opportunities in the government's latest reform programme, at a one-day event for GP locums run by GP newspaper and the NASGP.
The event takes place on Wedndesday 6 October 2010 at Regents College, Central London. To find out more visit www.gplocumsevent.com.
Leading speakers will also help GP locums boost their income, manage CPD and revalidation, and improve patient care.
In this highly focused interactive event you will hear best-practice advice on how to:
- Be More Tax-Efficient and Optimise Your Earnings: Hear top tips on how to manage your finances as a locum
- Market Yourself Effectively and Stay Employed: Receive practical advice on how to pitch for new work and ensure you are re-booked by practices
- Manage Your CPD To Pass Revalidation: Examine how revalidation works for locums and understand how peer-led education can support your CPD
- Improve Your Patient Care and Avoid Complaints: Explore the common medico-legal pitfalls that occur in day-to-day working life and how to manage these risks.
Expert speakers include:
- Dr Richard Fieldhouse, NASGP chief executive and clinical director of Pallant Medical Chambers.
- Dr Stephanie Bown, director of policy and communications at the Medical Protection Society.
- Jenny Stone, specialist medical accountant and partner at Ramsay Brown and Partners.
- Dr Vicky Weeks, chair of the GPC’s Sessional GP Subcommittee.
For more information and to book now visit www.gplocumsevent.com.