Arthritic inflammation of one knee joint may be the first sign of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), Italian researchers have found.
Of 6,500 patients with symptoms of rheumatic disorders, 296 had mild symptoms of monoarthritis in one knee. In five of these patients, the knee symptoms were the first indicator of very early stage non-small cell lung cancer. All five were middle-aged men with a history of heavy smoking (www.annrheumdis.com).
The voice for today's GP. News, insights and clinical education.
Register today for full access to articles and
daily updates on the issues that matter to you.
- Salaried General Practitioner North Leeds Medical Practice Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Salaried GP (with a view to Partnership), Worksop area Menlo Park Recruitment Worksop
- Salaried GP Vacancy: 4-8 Sessions per week (job-share considered) Leach Heath Medical Centre Rednal, Birmingham
- Locum GP - Surrey & Hampshire - Surgery Sessions & OOH's Shifts DRN Group Surrey, Camberley, Farnborough, Portsmouth, Southampton, Basingstoke, Winchester, Andover
- Salaried GP Dr Marshall & Partners Stockport, Greater Manchester