Inverness Medical, a leading manufacturer of Rapid Immunodiagnostic Devices, has improved Clearview Simplify D-dimer so it can now be used with capillary blood from a finger-prick sample, in addition to whole blood or plasma.
The simple, two-step, 10 minute test includes a built-in procedural control and is ideal for use in the emergency department or doctor's office.
Diagnostic imaging procedures required to give definitive diagnosis of DVT or PE take significant time and resources. Clearview Simplify D-dimer, in conjunction with a validated pre-test probability (PTP) score, such as the Wells Algorithm, can be used to safely rule-out DVT or PE in low-risk patients.
Only 20-30% of symptomatic patients have DVT, therefore 70% of procedures are an unnecessary use of valuable clinical time and resources. Using Clearview Simplify D-dimer, together with a PTP score, to safely rule-out low risk patients has obvious cost benefits and is now even easier at the point of care.
- Inverness Medical is a world leading provider of innovative diagnostic products for infectious diseases, women's health and chronic disease self-management.
- The Clearview range of tests is designed for use by healthcare professionals only in hospitals, clinics, laboratories and other point of care settings.
- Clearview D-dimer utilises monoclonal antibody 3B6 - the gold standard for D-dimer assays.
- Every year DVT occurs in about 1 in 2000 people in the general population, ranging from less than 1 in 3000 in people under the age of 40 up to 1 in a few hundred in those over 80(1)
- The Clearview range of tests has demonstrated proven efficiency in clinics, hospitals and laboratories around the world.
(1)Department of Health, UK, May 2006