Radio Four listeners heard Mr Johnson reveal that he had been a Mod in his teenage years, hence some of the choices below.
Having started his working life as a postman, he admitted that he would rather be the lead singer in a band than Prime Minister.
His desert island discs were as follows – please tell us what you think of Mr Johnson’s choices by leaving your comments.
- And Your Bird Can Sing, The Beatles
- You Little Fool, Elvis Costello & the Attractions
- Friday On My Mind, Easy Beats
- Drive in Saturday, David Bowie
- A Man Needs a Maid, Neil Young and the London Symphony Orchestra
- Adagietto from Mahler’s Symphony No 5 in C Sharp Minor, The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Frank Shipway
- Cityscape Skybaby, Super Furry Animals
- Beneath The Sun, Halima