The New Leaders Learning Plan has been created to support all new and aspiring leaders working to develop collaborative primary care models around the UK.
This introduction to leadership skills is the ideal starting point for for those taking on new roles in Primary Care Networks, stepping up in their existing workplaces, or planning for future career progression.
Career progression in primary care
Experienced leaders from primary care will guide users through all the key aspects of leadership, helping them to reflect on their own personal qualities and ambitions, and develop leadership skills to help meet the current challenges in primary care.
The ten one-hour modules are hosted on GPonline’s sister website MIMS Learning, a bespoke CPD platform which allows users to take reflective notes as they progress and easily save evidence of their learning for CPD and revalidation purposes. The course costs £58.80.
The topics covered by the ten modules are:
- Becoming a leader in primary care
- Developing personal resilience as a medical leader
- Negotiating for success in primary care
- Delegating safely and effectively in patient care
- Building and leading a resilient healthcare team
- Eight steps to great teamwork in primary care
- Making effective practice team decisions
- Tackling difficult behaviour in healthcare teams
- Managing primary care teams through change
- Leading change to improve patient care