- Preheat the oven to 180 degsC.
- Place a film of olive oil inside a large ovenproof tray, lay the lemon sole fillets in the tray, and turn so that both sides have a very light coating of oil.
- Deep fry the parley sprigs in oil at 170 degsC for five seconds, lay on kitchen towel to drain.
- Place the lemon sole to the hot oven for four minutes and fry all the vegetables in olive oil until just cooked, for three or four minutes.
- To serve, place two sole fillets on each plate and scatter the vegetable 'confetti' over them. Garnish with the deep fried parsley.
For four people
8 lemon sole fillets, skinned
1 small bunch of flat leaf parsley
Half a small swede - diced to about 3mm cubes
Half a small celeriac - diced to about 3mm cubes
Half a small butternut squash - diced to about 3mm cubes
1 carrot - diced to about 3mm cubes
And for the wine...
Decanter magazine says: 'Choose a wine that will not overwhelm the lemon sole.' Try: Domaine Vincent Dampt, Chablis Premier Cru - Les Lys, 2005 £15.49 www.corneyandbarrow.com
Winegrowers Of Ara, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, 2006 £9.95 www.winedirect.co.uk
More wines at www.decanter.com.
Chris Duckham is a GP in Tongue and Armadale, Sutherland, and runs Restaurant Cote du Nord (www.cotedunord.co.uk). Email comments or queries to GPlife@haymarket.com