- Psychological interventions for postnatal depression: cluster randomised trial and economic evaluation. The PONDER trial. 2009; 13 (30).
This paper looks at outcomes in PND patients based on training for health visitors to identify and deliver psychological interventions.
Chapter two (pages 13-16) details therapeutic evidence. Appendix two (page 167), an economic analysis of psychological interventions by health visitors, concludes that these approaches are cost-effective in terms of lower mean costs and higher mean QALYs gained in the intervention group.
- SIGN. Postnatal Depression and Puerperal Psychosis. No 60. 2002.
Section 4 focuses on prescribing in pregnancy as well as lactation.
- NICE. Antenatal and postnatal mental health. London, NICE, 2007.
- The UK Teratology Information Service can be contacted on 0844 892 0909 (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday). This service is free for NHS clinicians.
- The Marce Society is an international society dealing with illness related to childbearing. www.marcesociety.com/References.aspx
- Family Action, a perinatal support service in four areas of England, accepts referrals from health professionals; patients can also self-refer. www.family-action.org.uk/section.aspx?id=13124