- Kilburn SA, Featherstone P, Higgins B et al. Interventions for cellulitis and erysipelas. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2010; (6): CD004299.
This review was unable to identify the best treatment for cellulitis and erysipelas.
- CREST. Guidelines on the management of cellulitis in adults. 2005.
- The British Lymphology Society. Consensus document on the management of cellulitis in lymphoedema. 2010.
Available from: www.thebls.com/docs/consensus.pdf
- Wolff K, Katz SI, Goldsmith LA et al. Fitzpatrick's dermatology in general medicine (seventh edition). McGraw-Hill Medical, 2007.
Chapter 179 covers cellulitis, erysipelas and other soft tissue infections.
This topic is covered in the GP curriculum in statement 15.10 Skin problems
- The British Lymphology Society - www.thebls.com
- The Lymphoedema Support Network - www.lymphoedema.org
Both of these websites provide advice for patients and doctors on managing lymphoedema, with specific guidelines on cellulitis in lymphoedema.
Contributed by Dr James Powell, specialist registrar in dermatology, Solihull Hospital, Birmingham