- Sechi G, Serra A. Wernicke's encephalopathy: new clinical settings and recent advances in diagnosis and management. Lancet Neurol 2007; 6: 442-55.
- NICE. Alcohol-use disorders: Diagnosis and clinical management of alcohol-related physical complications. CG100. London, NICE, 2010.
Section 4.5 Wernicke's encephalopathy
- SIGN: The Management of Harmful Drinking and Alcohol Dependence in Primary Care. Guideline No 74, 2004.
- CKS. Alcohol - problem drinking - Management.
- McCabe L. Working with People with Alcohol Related Brain Damage. University of Stirling, 2006.
This site aims to bridge the gap between the scientific evidence on alcohol and the wider public by making evidence accessible to health professionals and other interested groups.
This site provides information and articles on a range of topics surrounding alcoholism.
It includes 18 excellent fact sheets for professionals, a search engine and a good list of alcohol-related links.
Contributed by Dr Amod Dalvi, clinical lead for liaison old-age psychiatric services, Kent and Medway NHS Partnership Trust, and consultant psychiatrist at Re:Cognition Health