Dilemma: Should I report my alcohol-dependent colleague to the GMC?

I have discovered that a colleague is alcohol dependent, and they have approached me and requested that I do not report them to the GMC. What are my professional obligations?

To continue reading you need to be a registered user or subscriber

Existing users login here

Forgotten Password?

Need help? Email us

Not registered? Sign up now for FREE access to:

  • GP online

Registered GPs also have FREE access to:

  • MIMS online
  • MIMS print*

Sign up now

Want access to MIMS and not a GP?

Subscribe to MIMS today

*Fully qualified GPs based in NHS practices only. All other GPs can access MIMS in print by subscription