1 - 7 July 2007 Alzheimer's Awareness Week®
Be Headstrong Challenge your risk of dementia
On 1 July 2007 the Alzheimer's Society will be launching a national booklet to encourage people to reduce their risk of developing dementia.
During Awareness Week®
- A free booklet will be launched giving people advice on reducing risks
- Celebrity interviews with celebrities affected by dementia will be available
- Results of a research poll on people's attitudes to dementia will be published
- A list of the key factors contributing to dementia will be published
- New photos and case studies of people who are living healthy to reduce their risks will be available
- A literary review of the latest evidence and research will be presented
Over 14 million people in the UK have a close friend or family member affected by Alzheimer's disease. Help them learn how they can reduce their risk and their families risk of developing dementia in later life.