Dr Barbara Hakin worked as a GP for 20 years before becoming East Midlands Health Authority chief executive.
The five GPs featured in the list are:
- Dr Tom Coffey (OBE) for services to healthcare south west London
- Dr Ian Campbell (MBE) obesity specialist Nottingham
- Dr Roger Gadsby (MBE) for services to diabetes Nuneaton, Warwickshire
- Dr Mary Kilpatrick (MBE) Dromara, Northern Ireland, for services to healthcare, and
- Professor Yvonne Carter, dean of Warwick Medical School, has been awarded a CBE for services to medical education
Nurse practitioner Janice Hughes, North Wales NHS Trust, was awarded an MBE for services to healthcare.
Comment below and tell us what you think