The chief nursing officer is one of four DoH officials joining the board from within the NHS. The others are medical director Sir Bruce Keogh, England’s CMO Sir Liam Donaldson and David Behan, the department’s director for social care.
The NQB, established in last summer’s Darzi review, will be responsible for monitoring quality within the NHS, and will produce an annual report comparing the English health service with its international peers.
The board will have a membership of 16, including eight lay members.
- Chief nursing officer to investigate problem of refused nurse referrals
- New deputy CNO is a former health visitor
- DoH consults on future of nursing careers
- Former chief nursing officer explains her resignation
- DoH appoints nurse as deputy chief nursing officer
Comment below and tell us what you think