Our inner ear was originally a breathing organ, according to researchers studying a 370-million-year-old fossil of the Panderichthys fish. The researchers found that its gill opening, or spiracle, was the starting point for the development of hearing apparatus in the early four-limbed vertebrates that are the ancestors of human beings. (Nature 2006; 439: 318-21). Pictured is a scanning electron micrograph of the human eardrum.
- GP Partnership vacancy Milnthorpe, Cumbria Stoneleigh Surgery Milnthorpe, Cumbria
- Full Time or Part Time Salaried GP or Partnership Failsworth Group Practice Greater Manchester
- GP (Salaried or Salaried with view to Partnership) Grove Surgery Thetford Thetford (commutable from Cambridge, Norwich, Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket)
- Deputy Medical Director x2 SELDOC London - South East
- GP Manor Court Surgery Manor Court Surgery