The MIMS website is updated constantly, providing news on drug launches and licence changes together with clinical guideline updates.
MIMS quarterly print publication
The MIMS book is published every quarter and is sent free of charge to the practice addresses of all UK-based GPs who complete our online registration form .
If you have already registered and need to change your mailing address, please call 0845 136 93 16 or email firstname.lastname@example.org including your name, surgery address and GMC number.
Other relevant healthcare professionals may subscribe to MIMS by emailing email@example.com .
MIMS mobile and tablet applications
MIMS is available as an app for Apple and Android devices for only £9.99 a year. MIMS won the PPA digital directory of the year in 2012. Download it now to receive over 300 updates every month.
MIMS online is part of the GPonline network of sites. The online version of MIMS contains additional resources and registration provides GPs with free access to the MIMS database of drugs and products.
MIMS online content
- MIMS database drug search : search the MIMS database for drug information including indications, doses, side effects, interactions, contraindications and warnings. Browse drugs by therapeutic area or use the search box to extend your search to tables, guidelines, patient resources and news.
- Latest medical news : New drugs | Licence changes and product updates | Guidelines and clinical updates
- Quick reference tables : clinical and comparison tables ordered by therapeutic area.
- Clinical guidelines including NICE guidance : over 140 clinical guideline summaries browsable by therapeutic area .
- Travel vaccination and malaria prophylaxis advice : latest immunisation recommendations and antimalarial regimens ordered A-Z by country.
- Clinical calculators : links to simple but essential clinical calculators for body mass index (BMI) , baby's age , pregnancy due date and more.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers : find the products produced by a drug company, organised alphabetically by company name.
Further information about MIMS
A new beclometasone metered-dose inhaler and a new salmeterol/fluticasone breath-actuated inhaler are now available to prescribe.
Half of patients prescribed statins fail to reach their target cholesterol levels within two years, according to the results of a large UK study.
The SGLT2 inhibitor dapagliflozin (Forxiga) can now be prescribed with insulin to treat overweight patients with type I diabetes inadequately controlled on insulin alone.
Concise MIMS resources on COPD management and antibiotic treatment have been updated to reflect the latest recommendations from NICE.
Quick-reference comparison charts for COPD combination inhalers and insulin delivery devices are now available online and in the latest print edition of MIMS.
- Salaried GP and Maternity Locum Postions Salford Care Centres Manchester, Greater Manchester
- GP Partner Position Thurso & Halkirk Medical Practice Thurso, Highland
- Salaried GP – 2/3 sessions Liphook Village Surgery Liphook, Hampshire
- Part time GP Partner Rotherham Road Medical Centre Barnsley, South Yorkshire
- Salaried GP with a view to partnership Radnor House Surgery Ascot, Berkshire