The MIMS website is updated constantly, providing news on drug launches and licence changes together with clinical guideline updates.
MIMS quarterly print publication
The MIMS book is published every quarter and is sent free of charge to the practice addresses of all UK-based GPs who complete our online registration form .
If you have already registered and need to change your mailing address, please call 0845 136 93 16 or email firstname.lastname@example.org including your name, surgery address and GMC number.
Other relevant healthcare professionals may subscribe to MIMS by emailing email@example.com .
MIMS mobile and tablet applications
MIMS is available as an app for Apple and Android devices for only £9.99 a year. MIMS won the PPA digital directory of the year in 2012. Download it now to receive over 300 updates every month.
MIMS online is part of the GPonline network of sites. The online version of MIMS contains additional resources and registration provides GPs with free access to the MIMS database of drugs and products.
MIMS online content
- MIMS database drug search : search the MIMS database for drug information including indications, doses, side effects, interactions, contraindications and warnings. Browse drugs by therapeutic area or use the search box to extend your search to tables, guidelines, patient resources and news.
- Latest medical news : New drugs | Licence changes and product updates | Guidelines and clinical updates
- Quick reference tables : clinical and comparison tables ordered by therapeutic area.
- Clinical guidelines including NICE guidance : over 140 clinical guideline summaries browsable by therapeutic area .
- Travel vaccination and malaria prophylaxis advice : latest immunisation recommendations and antimalarial regimens ordered A-Z by country.
- Clinical calculators : links to simple but essential clinical calculators for body mass index (BMI) , baby's age , pregnancy due date and more.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers : find the products produced by a drug company, organised alphabetically by company name.
Further information about MIMS
NICE has published antimicrobial prescribing guidelines for community- and hospital-acquired pneumonia in adults, young people and children.
Prescribers can now consult the quick-reference MIMS summary of NICE COPD guidance for the latest advice on the use of inhaled triple therapy.
Respimat is now available as a reusable inhaler that can be refilled up to six times.
Dapagliflozin (Forxiga) has been approved for routine NHS prescribing in certain adults with type I diabetes, when insulin alone is insufficient.
Hundreds of thousands of people are receiving prescriptions for potentially addictive medicines for longer than clinically recommended, a review by Public Health England has revealed.
- Salaried GP and Maternity Locum Postions Salford Care Centres Manchester, Greater Manchester
- GP Partner Position Thurso & Halkirk Medical Practice Thurso, Highland
- Salaried GP – 2/3 sessions Liphook Village Surgery Liphook, Hampshire
- Part time GP Partner Rotherham Road Medical Centre Barnsley, South Yorkshire
- Salaried GP with a view to partnership Radnor House Surgery Ascot, Berkshire