The content is aimed primarily at senior partners and practice managers, helping them to be individually more effective and make their practices more efficient. But there is also much to learn for GPs and managers at all stages of their careers who want to better understand the complexities of practice management and GP partnerships.
Our aim is to make a subscription to Medeconomics excellent value for money by helping users to maximise practice profits, meet all necessary performance targets and provide the highest quality service to patients.
Contact the editor of Medeconomics: Sarah Wild
- 10% discount with annual direct debit
- Access to NHS and private fees database
- Locum rates
- HR tools and resources
- Essential 'How to articles'
As part of your annual practice management calendar you should make sure staff appraisals and training are up to date.
It is good practice to repeat risk assessments at least annually, below is a list of things you will need to cover.
An overview of strategic management tasks, document updates and key meetings that should be undertaken each year.
What practice managers need to review or address during a year.
NHS England has written to practices, pharmacists and CCGs with advice on which flu vaccines to order for the 2018-19 flu season.
A round-up of what practices in England need to do by the end of March 2018.
GPs in Scotland have voted for a new GP contract that will change the way that practices are funded and starts the move towards a new pay structure for GPs. Medeconomics explains what the deal means.
What documentation do practices need when a new member of staff, including GPs, join the team? This article includes a downloadable checklist to include with your HR records and links to up-to-date guidance.
Accountant Jenny Stone explains how practices can put in place a robust financial plan to help them survive in these challenging times.
- Salaried GP and Maternity Locum Postions Salford Care Centres Manchester, Greater Manchester
- GP Partner Position Thurso & Halkirk Medical Practice Thurso, Highland
- Salaried GP – 2/3 sessions Liphook Village Surgery Liphook, Hampshire
- Part time GP Partner Rotherham Road Medical Centre Barnsley, South Yorkshire
- Salaried GP with a view to partnership Radnor House Surgery Ascot, Berkshire