Gingival enlargement, in which gums swell and grow over the teeth, could be a sign of anabolic steroid abuse, according to Turkish researchers. The study of 44 athletes between the ages of 17 and 29 found that those who used anabolic androgenic steroids for more than one year had significantly more swollen gums than bodybuilders who had never used the drugs. They warned that this could lead to raised risk of cardiovascular and respiratory disease (Journal of Periodontology.
- Salaried full/part time GP in Derby - System One Medical Staffing Derby, Derbyshire
- GP Locum Required For Sessions In Doncaster Area Medical Staffing Doncaster, South Yorkshire
- Regular Surgery Sessions available in and around Greater Manchester! Medical Staffing Manchester, North West
- Salaried GP - permanent and maternity cover The Robert Darbishire Practice Manchester, Greater Manchester
- UK BASED GPS WORK FROM HOME AND PROVIDE VIDEO PATIENT CONSULTATIONS FLEXIBLE HOURS!! Medical Staffing Nationwide